Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rain Spirits - Ruth Andre


The windows are wide open in the studio today. The weather is really too beautiful to ignore with the sun warming the earth. We have had a few rain showers that have made the valley come alive with green grasses. It feels like home once again. At least for now all is well. The painting today is in celebration of the spring rains and the rain spirits that bring us such beauty. Lately I have been caught up with the beauty of the valley. Winter has been harsher than most this year and spring is more meaningful than usual. The image above has been taken from my website since I could NOT get the image to load showing its true color. Maybe the spirits have found, "A Painting Day".

3 comments:

Theresa Paden said...

This really does capture the feeling of rain, with a dark rain cloud at the top of the painting. I love the contrast and the neutral colors scheme.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This has so much depth...I like the textures, too!!!

SUSAN NALLY said...

I love your abstract paintings with their landscape inspiration. They make me want to learn more about using oil with cold wax. Thanks for the gorgeous paintings!