Friday, August 14, 2015

A Painting Day - Too Blue I and II - Ruth Andre




"Too Blue I"
6.5"x3"Oil and Cold Wax on Handmade Paper
by Ruth Andre
$95.00


"Too Blue II"
6"x3"(1/2" smaller than "Two Blue I") Oil and Cold Wax on Handmade Paper
by Ruth Andre
$90.00


Today I am showing two small paintings on Mura Udaban A Itaboshi HM paper from Washi Arts. They are titled "Too Blue I and II".  There are times when nature almost seems unreal. The colors are so bright or deep that it is hard to believe they come from nature. I know the mountains that circle the valley are so green in winter that they appear an unreal and intense emerald green. I have also seen the ocean appear to be an amazing blue or Too Blue to believe. It has been, "A Painting Day".

4 comments:

Bruce B. Hancock said...

As usual I love your colors and design, Ruth. I have to say that these both remind me of ancient explorers maps of the world!

Ruth Andre said...

Bruce, I love your thoughts and observations on the two new "Too Blue" paintings. I am sure the explorers thought there was a lot of blue too on the maps they studied.

Theresa Paden said...

Gorgeous, I LOVE them!!

suzanneberry said...

these are as perfect as the words that accompany them! WONDERFUL! and my favorite colors.

thank you so much for the kind words! i hope you're well and enjoying the summer. you work certainly reflect that. they say when one is at peace within, the colors in nature appear more vibrant that seems possible.