Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Painting Day - Heading Home - Ruth Andre





"Heading Home I and II"
Each Painting 4.5"x4.5" Oil and Mixed Media on Paper
12"x12" Mat Available for Each Painting
Challenge Paintings Eighty-Four and Eighty-Five
by Ruth Andre
$250.00

There is a story that goes along with these paintings but it is not what I normally talk about. Yesterday my husband was up early and headed off for a tractor show and to meet up with some friends. He only stayed at the show for about an hour and he called to say, I am heading home. Then I got a call saying something was wrong with the car and AAA had been called. A few hours later I received another call saying that the tow truck had not arrived and he had made several calls to AAA saying he was still on the side of the road and needed a tow. Another hour passed and I received another call saying the car was loaded and he would be heading home. The next call was to say the tow truck had broken down and they were waiting for help with the repair. The following call was to let me know the repair was completed and he was heading home and I was given directions on where and when to meet up to get him home. My husband said he had a great one hour visit with friends and then it took eight hours to get home that was not so fun. The whole deal was quite an ordeal and we find out tomorrow what is wrong with the car. Oh happy day and, "A Painting Day". 


1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

Oh, my gosh. What a nightmare! Hope your luck improves with the car. Love the paintings - appropriate titles.